"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Bader
There are so many different situations that I can use this against the other party, but I shall not go there any deeper, I just hope that they read this and realise what a fool they were.
Life is changing constantly around us all the time, nothing is what you want it to be. You can either fight it and try swin up-stream or you can relax and let it take you where ever it takes you...
which are you?
Im on the relaxing journey at this present moment, saving my energy for when it is needed.
But life was pretty fast flowing through September/October.. until you meet that girl that seems to slow everything down for you.
Her name is Amy, and well short of being absolutely fantastic, she's the culprit.
Since we've properly got "aquainted" with each other, its been great, I haven't had such a laugh in such a long time. Call us both mental, I don't care.. we get on like a house on fire!
But as always theres always something stopping things going quite the way you want it, but for her sakes I shant say here what they are.
Probably without realising it she's helped me through a very tough time in my life. It's true to say that the difficulty rating of life does go up as more and more factors come into play.
This last year I've experienced a hellish breakup with a long term partner, financial trouble, social breakdown and I lost my first car, and my first proper real job. But with the help of Amy, she's just been someone to moan and gripe to.. aswell as laugh like hell with!
"Laughter is the cure to everything"
Its true.
**And theres a line I want to say here but I don't want to.. just yet.**
So the new job you say?
Yup.
As much as I'd like to think it was my own merit that got me it, over 3 far more experienced people, it wasn't and I've been told that. But what makes me happier is all these years that my father has been working harder than a donkey is appreciated in the company that we now both work for.
My manager told me that " As soon as you walked in that door looking smart you pretty much had the job, MG thinks very highly of your father"
But yeah I'm what they call in the Industry an "Agent".
Think of a travel agent/rep, what do they do?
They :
*Organise your flights
*Organise your hotel
*They organise activities for you to do
A Property Agent?
*They liase with the owners of the house
*Contracters/Planners
*Solicitors
*Banks/Building Societies
So a Ships Agent?
We do everything from the morning newspapers to buying puppies for the crew.
The crew are too busy during the day so they need people ashore who know the area that can get them what they need.
so for i've:
*Morning Paper Rounds
*Collection of Customs Papers
*Manifests (recording what goes on and off the vessels)
*Buying Screenwash
*Buying a CO Monitor
*Delivering $25,000 to the ship's master.
*Driving all over the NE Scotland
*Customs Clearances
*Liasing with people all over the world
*Started Drinking Coffee Full Time
*Been On-Call for the first time .. solo
*High wage!
All this in 4 weeks.. and in another 8 i got promoted to wear a White Helmet, which is a shame.. i like the green one i have now.
Anyways, I really should be getting on with some work around here.. although.. there isnt really that much to do on a quiet day, there needs to be activity for me to be active...
See y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment